Elevate Legal is a new law firm providing commercial, legal and governance services for growing companies, from startup through to IPO and beyond. They focus on achieving pragmatic commercial solutions while keeping things as simple as possible. Constantly striving to innovate and deliver faster, better and more efficient services, the law firm aims to have a growing roster of clients—from small to medium listed companies down to fast-growing private corporations who rely on outsourced general counsel and company secretary solution. They are always geared towards providing clear, straightforward and pragmatic commercial legal advice for growing companies.
With more than 10 years of listed company secretary experience, they deliver peace of mind for directors confronting ever-increasing compliance risks. They lighten the corporate and compliance burden, allowing management to focus on running the business. As an incorporated legal practice, Elevate Legal can also provide commercial legal advice, giving clients a seamless legal and governance solution with the protection of dealing with a regulated law firm. With experience in fast growing companies and negotiating contracts with global partners, they don’t just take board minutes and fill in forms but also provide legal support for their client’s business operations. Having operated in a range of industries, including senior commercial management roles, they understand business and avoid gold plating. Instead, they focus on commercial solutions and ‘right sized’ governance.
For ongoing engagements, Elevate Legal provides a fixed scope of services for a fixed monthly fee, helping clients avoid the bill shock of lawyers’ hourly rates. Like any general counsel, they don’t claim to be able to replace all external lawyers. Instead, they focus on the areas of law that they are most experienced in which include technology and intellectual property, a whole range of commercial contracts, capital raising, corporate law, and governance and listing rules compliance. Whenever needed, they help their clients get good advice from other specialist advisors with focus, control and efficiency.
Some examples of their most recent work are the following:
- Advising an Australian-based technology company listed on the London AIM market on several fundraising rounds, including a $25m round in January 2017, plus ongoing corporate legal and company secretarial support
- Advising an unlisted public company on fundraising, including drafting an Information Memorandum for investors
- Helping a start-up business spin-out intellectual property from a university, through an IP assignment and software license agreement
- Advising a not-for-profit (on a pro-bono basis) who is commercializing a medical research app, including fundraising agreements and SaaS contracts with global universities
- Engaging on an ongoing basis by the trustee and manager of a $150m wholesale investment fund
- Advising on shareholder agreements and creating a range of template commercial contracts for customers, including software and SaaS contracts
If you think you could use a dedicated consigliere or a trusted source of advice whenever you need it and not only after it’s too late, you may contact Elevate Legal through their website www.elevatelegal.com.au or send them an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.